For portrait sessions – I prefer to use the environment around us as a backdrop. Yes, that might make scheduling a bit tricky, but the effort pays off. I find that in our area, we have plenty of parks, natural spaces, and interesting locations, that there is very little need for a studio location for photos. Some of my favorite locations around the area include:
- Homestead Park (Hilliard)
- Jeffrey Mansion (Bexley)
- Northbank Park, Genoa Park, Bicentennial Park, Scioto Mile (Downtown)
- Everal Barn (Northeast)
- Park of Roses (Clintonville)
- Indian Run Falls (Dublin)
- Goodale Park (Short North)
- Schiller Park (German Village)
- Highbanks Metro Park (Lewis Center)
- Creekside Park (Gahanna)
- Your own backyard, office, or other suggestions are welcome.
The above list is not comprehensive, and there may be other ideal places to shoot your session. But these are ones I put on my suggestion list.